Ted joined the firm in October 2015 after spending several years practicing law with his father. Having grown up in a family of lawyers, Ted developed his presentation of oral argument skills at an early age. This trait carried over into law school, where he was awarded to the Order of Barristers - an award honoring the top graduates demonstrating outstanding ability in the preparation and presentation of oral argument.
Ted’s trial skills have allowed him to achieve great success for his clients, whether they are injured parties or corporate defendants. Ted has tried numerous jury trials and bench trials in both State and Federal Courts. Ted has also successfully argued in front of the Kansas Court of Appeals. Although Ted is always preparing his cases for trial, he also understands the best result for a client may be a creative resolution outside the courtroom.
- Civil Litigation
- Business Dissolution
- Shareholder Derivative Litigation
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- Employment Discrimination/Wrongful Termination
- Family Law
- Missouri Supreme Court
- Kansas Supreme Court
- Kansas Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District
- Hubbard, Ruzicka, Kreamer & Kincaid
- University of Missouri at Kansas City, J.D.
- University of Kansas, B.A.
- Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy, Graduate
- Obtained a unanimous defense verdict in a wrongful death case following a five-week jury trial in the Circuit Court of Jackson County.
- Obtained a jury verdict in excess of statutory limits for pain and suffering in the District Court of Johnson County, Kansas for a client injured in a motorcycle accident.
- Successfully argued a fraud and misrepresentation claim in Federal Court, resulting in a non-dischargeable judgment.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of his client in a professional malpractice claim.
- Represented the children of an individual that died from a natural gas explosion, obtaining a confidential settlement with the gas supplier.
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- American Bar Association
CIVIC & CHARITABLE
- Christmas in October, Volunteer
- Children’s Place, Supporter
- Wayside Waifs, Supporter
- Ted enjoys playing golf, rooting on his hometown teams (including the 2015 World Champion Kansas City Royals) and spending time with his wife, Tiffany.