Since joining Shaffer Lombardo Shurin in 2015, Ms. Parsons has actively participated in seven jury trials. In her prior role as Chief Trial Assistant with the Jackson County Prosecutor’s Office, Ms. Parsons managed the disposition of over 2300 cases annually. She also managed 20 staff members including attorneys, secretaries, paralegals and investigators. Her trial experience includes over 90 first chair felony jury trials.
- Insurance Defense
- Federal and State Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- Jackson County Prosecutor, Chief Trial Assistant, Jan 1992-Sept 2015
- University of Missouri at Kansas City, J.D., 1993
- University of Missouri at Columbia, B.A., 1989
- Fellow, International Society of Barristers 2018
- Selected as a Super Lawyer 2017-2018
- H. Michael Coburn Professional Excellence Award – April 2017: Chosen by the Young Lawyers Section of the KCMBA for outstanding trial skills and professionalism.
- American College of Trial Lawyers – 2014: Fellow. Admission is by invitation only after an extensive investigation to confirm the individual is a truly outstanding trial lawyer who demonstrates the highest degree of professionalism, ethics and civility.
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly Women’s Justice Award / Public Service Practitioner – 2014: Awarded to women in government and non-profit lawyers who improve the quality of justice and contribute to the betterment of the profession.
- University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law Decade Award Winner – 2003: Awarded by the UMKC Law Foundation to the Alumnus who has made the most significant impact on the profession in the first ten years of the practice of law.
- Lon Hocker Trial Advocacy Award Winner – 2001: Awarded by the Missouri Bar Association to the best trial attorney under the age of 36 who “possesses a quick wit in the courtroom that is supported by meticulous preparation in the pursuit of the truth.”
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers – Board of Directors
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Association of Women Lawyers
- Ross Roberts Inn of Court - Master
- Central Exchange of Kansas City
CIVIC & CHARITABLE
- Special Public Defender
- KCMBA Military Matters Volunteer Attorney
- Association of Women Lawyers Connections program – Mentor
- University of Missouri –Kansas City School of Law: January 2002 – Present: Adjunct Professor - Trial Advocacy
- Presenter and Faculty at National Institute of Trial Advocacy; Ross T. Roberts Inn of Court; Kansas City Regional Police Academy; National District Attorneys Association and Missouri Association of Prosecuting Attorneys